Apr 5, 2006
(1) What are some of the reasons a person would be a late seroconverter? Are there medicines, diseases that would cause this?
(2) How accurate are the Orasure oral swab test (where you swab between the cheek and gum across the bottom and then the same across the top)? The counselor told me it was as accurate as a blood test 99%, is that true?
Thanks for all you do and the good and accurate information you provide. I've already donated to (http://www.concertedeffort.org) and plan to again soon.
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. I'm amazed at how many questions I get pertaining to "late seroconversion!" The reason I'm amazed is that late seroconversion is such an extremely rare event that when it occurs it's so remarkable that it gets published as a case report in medical journals. There are no specific medicines or diseases that cause it. It remains an extremely rare event that is most likely the result of a very unusual concurrence of situations (immunologic, viral, host, etc.).
2. Yes, this is correct!
Thanks for your donations!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chills After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Balls After Touching Precum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can The Receiver Of Oral Sex Catch A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.