Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

What Else Can I Do? Please? Will Donate
Apr 4, 2006

Hello from Ontario, Canada:

Would appreciate your honest expert opinion. Don't wish to infect new friend.

One drunken, unprotected exposure with stripper Oct 24/2005. sick as hell 8 weeks later for 15 days and ill ever since with one weird thing or another. What remains is cakey white tongue especially in morning, intermittent pain under bottom left and right rib and blurred vision, EAR PAIN AND RINGING and low energy.

I've had the following NEGATIVE tests:

Abs: 8,10,12,13,15,17,21.5 wks Qual DNA PCR: 12(HIV-1,HIV-2), 15(HIV-1)wks. P24 Antigen: 17wks

Also tested for Clamidia, Gonnorea and Hep A,B and C...

Any other STD's to test for?

Any chance I'm a late converter as others quoted on this site?

Should I find a way to get a Plasma RNA PCR viral load or something?

Are there undetectable strains I should worry about?

Thanks in advance

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

All that testing for one drunken unprotected exposure with a stripper??? Seven negative antibody tests out to 21.5 weeks, two qualitative DNA PCRs and one P24 antigen all negative! Gosh, what part of "you are HIV negative" don't you understand? Your testing is definitive, conclusive and excessive.

Do you need an RNA PCR? No, of course not! Are you a late seroconverter? No. No way. No how.

Are there undetectable strains you should worry about? You can always worry about the extremely unlikely or the completely unknown, but I certainly wouldn't.

Regarding STD screening, I'm not exactly sure what screening tests you had performed and from what orifices, but in general the one that's missing from your general list is syphilis.

Regarding your symptoms, I cannot diagnose the cause over the Internet; however, I can assure you what's not causing them: it's not HIV! Stop chasing a disease you could not possibly have.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Gloryhole Fisting Risk
Next
Please help a crazy person!!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.