Fingering Worry

Hello Dr. Bob,

Glad to see you're back after a few days off. Hope you had a nice time away.

This is my 2nd time posting this question: About 6 weeks ago I had an encounter where I met a girl in a bar, she picked me up and we went back to my place. We engaged in French kissing and I engaged in fingering. I was using my middle finger mostly, but I felt a sting on my index finger and when I looked at it the next day there was a scab over a hangnail. I'm not sure if there was any bleeding, though.

8 days later I got a mad sore throat and it's lasting till now. My Dr. diagnosed strep. I mentioned the encounter to him and he doesn't believe anything HIV related to be worried about. I also posted on a couple of other websites (aidsmeds.com and medhelp.org) and they say the same thing. In fact they both say that there is no risk from fingering whether there are nicks or not.

I'd like to get your opinion too as I'm not so used to being so aggressively "picked up" in bars.

Many thanks!

PS. Just got the Chopin CD in the mail - excellent stuff!

I agree there is no risk from fingering if the skin is intact. However, if it is not, there is at least a small theoretical risk.

Regarding your "mad sore throat," if your doctor diagnosed "strep," this certainly is not related to HIV. "Strep" is a bacteria and HIV is a virus, a totally different type of germ and a totally different type of infection.

Do I think you have anything to worry about? No, your risk is negligible to nonexistent. However, if you are worried, and from your multiple postings on multiple web-sites it appears you are, then testing at the three-month mark may be the most effective and efficient way to set your anxious mind at ease.

As for being "aggressively "picked up" at bars, take it as a compliment, you sexy study you! Just continue to play safe and you'll stay safe and well.

I'm glad you are enjoying the Chopin CD. It's music of both grace and passion that can touch the soul.

Stay well. Thanks again for your donation!

Perplexe
Need Your Help Doctor Bob . . .