Response to the Gay Republican's 3/29 Posting

Dear Dr. Bob:

I thought of you as one of the most understanding, patient, selfless person ever I have seen. Your commitment to this site and how you bother to answer the most ridiculous questions to set peoples minds at ease, when you yourself live with Hiv. Your ongoing dedication to medicine with your office in Los Gatos. But I must point out your response to the Gay Hiv+ Republicans posting March 29th was sarcastic, I can feel the hate. I thought you were better than that. It was as if you were saying "your republican, yuk, I don't care if you are Hiv+, I hate you". Who is the blindly prejudice one here? Please tell me you were only kidding.

Maria in S.F., Democrat myself

Hello Maria,

Call me sarcastic, or a wiseass, and I'll agree: guilty as charged. However, call me "hateful" and I'll have to respectfully disagree.

Reread the post and my response (below), Maria. There is a good chance the entire post was a joke. My response certainly was. The guy didn't even ask a question! In reality I don't hate anyone, even our misguided, incompetent commander in chief. I certainly don't believe he should be president or that he's done anything significant to combat the HIV/AIDS pandemic. (In fact, he's done far more harm than good in that arena). However, I find no use for "hate" in any circumstance. As for Gay HIV+ Republicans in general, well I suppose one might suggest they are very open minded people. That would at least explain how all their brains fell out.

Lighten up, Maria, OK?

Republicans Mar 29, 2006

I care not what your politics are, but they are not pertinent to the dicussions on here and are offensive! I am a gay HIV+ republican. Bush has funded more aid for fighting HIV than all former presidents combined! I have received The Body for several years and appreciate the information on here emmensely, but to always make fun of republicans, say they are stupid, brainless, and every other thing one could think off is not the proper thing for this forum. I sometimes think the only issue gay men have in the entire world is gayness!!! There is so much more in the world than being gay and gay issues!!!!

Robb

Hey Robb,

A gay HIV+ Republican???? Oh, I get it. It's a joke, right? Gosh, you almost had me there, Robb, (great gay spelling of our name, by the way), but then I realized nobody would be that "stupid, brainless, and every other thing . . . ." right?!?

Stay well, Robb!!!! (Gosh, you sure use a lot of exclamation marks when you rant and rave!!!!) Oh, by the way, did you have an HIV/AIDS question or just stop by to spread some compassionate-conservative good cheer?

teabagging
What's the story with those new condoms?