ANOTHER WORRIED ORAL

Hey doc I love you man,your compassion and understanding renews my faith in mankind.I have been lurking here and reading your archives and not only found the courage to be tested but some peace in the waiting.Here is my quedtion, I went to a sex club and had cunnilingus with a swinger while she had oral with her husband,I was very drunk and have since joined A.A. as i dont do things like that unless drinking.At 55 days afterwards i went to an infectious disease doc and was tested.She said it was a genetic test? and two weeks later was negative.i asked about another test at a later date and she said i was okay.Can I woo hooo or should i test again.Although I am more at ease the fear still seizes me at times.Thank you for your caring and if I were gay Id have to try to steal you away from the other guy thank you

Hello Another Worried Oral,

I don't know what type of test the infectious diseases doc did, but since she said it was "genetic," I would assume it was either a DNA PCR or RNA PCR. Can you WOO-HOO based on what the infectious disease doctor did? I really can't say, because I'm not at all certain exactly what she did!

To answer your basic "quedtion," for routine HIV screening I recommend an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark (unless there are extenuating circumstances). For your very low risk potential exposure, the three-month test would provide a definitive and conclusive result.

Based on what you told me, I see absolutely no reason you should be seized by fear.

Finally, gay or straight, try as you might, no one can steal me away from my guy!

Good luck!

woo hooo from UK
not another hypothetical risk question