Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

WOOOHOOOO!!!!??
Apr 3, 2006

DR. Bob, Like many other folks, you have been a life saver for me. I had a stupid drunken night 6 months ago, had a very low risk encounter, and have been a basket case with every symptom in the book since(itching, muscle twitching, sore throat, etc). I found your website and it helped through many nights when I was feeling suicidal, completely hopeless and like I couldn't go on. Reading your responses with your positive attitude was about the only thing that kept me going. I considered myself a mentally healthy person prior to this, but this turned my life upside down. I had an Elisa test just short of 3 months, and one at 6, and both were negative. (I don't need to be tested again, do I?) I'm thrilled, but it still hasn't sunk in; I created such a state of fear, that even though I know I'm negative, I'm still scared, and wondering if I can really believe it.? It's been 4 days since I got my great news, and I'm very relieved, but symptoms persist...my doctor wants to wait a bit to test me for other things, as I think she thinks I'm a nutcase, which is partially true. I am getting psychological help and started an antidepressant. Anyway, thanks again, and I promised myself if I could woohoo, that a check was coming your way....so one will arrive soon. Thanks again.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Your story is not at all uncommon. "Very low risk encounter" followed by "every symptom in the book" followed by becoming "a basket case" followed by multiple negative HIV tests followed by "I can't believe it" followed by "doctor thinks I'm a nutcase" followed by "psychological help and antidepressants." I can assure you all these stories have a happy ending as yours will once the reality that you really dodged the HIV bullet sinks in and you believe the undeniable reality that you are HIV negative. When this happens the mysterious symptoms often magically disappear as well. Your WOO-HOO is real; so is your irrational HIV fear. Your happy ending is waiting for your wounded and worried psyche to heal. The psychological help and antidepressants are exactly what you need. More HIV testing? No.

Thank you for your donation. Helping others who were not so fortunate in escaping the clutches of HIV will generate excellent good-health-and-happiness karma for you. And that's exactly what's coming your way!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Tell me some more about masturbation
Next
Wish me luck on my test - hoping for a woo hoo

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.