HIV From Oral Polio Vaccine?
Mar 28, 2006
I recently began reading a book called The River by Edward Hooper. In it, Mr. Hooper postulates that HIV was essentially created during experimentation related to an oral Polio vaccine in the 1950's. Thoughts?
Response from Dr. Frascino
I have not read Mr. Hooper's 1999 book, "The River," but from what I've heard, his "circumstantial evidence" supporting his claim that the Wistar polio vaccine caused the AIDS epidemic has been discredited on multiple scientific fronts.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does HIV Cause Erectile Dysfunction?
- Does HIV Cause Swollen Lymph Nodes?
- Black Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Cunilingus Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.