Worried Jack

Dr Bob,

Please can you answer my question? Otherwise my wife would refuse to get in bed with me. Please. I would be very grateful.

First, please accept my heartfelt thanks for the great work that you are doing. The advice you give to many WWs has indeed been very informative, realistic and most importantly, assuring. In fact, as other WWs may well agree, a key reason in approaching you is that you are a truly qualified doctor who actually knows what you are talking about.

OK, on to my three questions.

Q1. About 18 days ago, I visited a massage parlor. There, I paid for the services of a Protected Blow Job, and an unprotected Hand Job (i.e., no gloves nor condom). There were no other sexual activities. Having read through (nearly all) your archives about Protected Oral Sex, I have become assured that the risk of HIV transmission by this route is almost non-existent, particularly because I had taken the step to ensure, and check (afterwards), that the condom was intact the whole time. But just to keep my mind at rest, would you be able to give me a "Pass" for this unqualified (because Im not a doctor) self-assessment?

Q2. Would I also get a "Pass" for the unprotected Hand Job?

Q3. This is perhaps a hard question for many of us over-logical / fearful WWs. Before I was given the Protected Oral Sex and unprotected Hand Job, the masseuse also gave me a body massage with lotion. I was naked and asked to lie facedown, whilst she massaged my back. She started from my calves and slowly worked her way to my lower back. All this while, she was wearing a mini-skirt with red panties on. At one stage, she sat on my backside whilst massaging my upper and lower back. Whilst she was doing this, I felt pressure on my external piles at my anus but I was unable to determine if it was her ass, or her vagina, that was pressing on my piles (since I had my face buried in a pillow). This is where I became worried. What if it was her vagina that was pressing on my piles, and what if her vagina secretions had soaked through her panties and touched my piles? Could HIV transmission have occurred this way? I've searched through your archives and the evidence on which I could draw any peace from is: (i) the HIV virus can hardly survive outside the human host; (ii) for HIV transmission to occur, it needs to occur directly and quickly (e.g., "within minutes", as what the CDC asserts). So, having this evidence in mind, I am inclined to think that: (a) the risk of the HIV transmission occurring this way is nearly remote the vagina secretions would have to first seep past her panties...by which time the virus would have been exposed to the air and would have been rendered non-infectious; and (b) the masseuse's sitting position on my ass could hardly make it possible for her vagina to touch my piles...if anything, I would have thought it would have been her ass that was pressing on my piles. My dear Dr Bob, can you please respond to this question, giving your response to parts (i), (ii), and commenting on my unqualified self-assessment for parts (a) and (b). Please, your response is very important to me because I really want to get on with my life. I have come to only trust in your advice (believe me, I have spoken to a few counselorssome of them did not even know what Piles / Hemorrhoids were). So, please help me because I am nearly worried sick. I am very tempted to get testedbut I really want to hear it from you if testing is at all necessary. Please, I look forward anxiously to your response.

Thanks and cheers, Worried Jack. 19 March 2006.

Hello Worried Jack,

I'll be brief:

1. Pass.

2. Pass.

3. Pass. No test required, warranted or recommended.

4. Get your hemorrhoids treated.

Stay well.

Usual Male Stupidity
Douleurs musculaires