Usual Male Stupidity

Dear Dr. Bob,

Firstly many thanks for your dedication and putting the issues surrounding HIV / AIDS into a more common sense approach.

My question is as follows and reflects typical stupid male behavior. On February 11, I had protected oral and vaginal sex with an escort of undetermined status. The condom seemed to be applied accurately and did not break. However she did use some form of KY jelly and i was wondering if that can damage the integrity of the condom - although the vaginal sex was rather brief. Additionally, i had a small day old cut on my hand and didnt know whether it coming in contact with her vaginal secretions could have placed me at risk.

The reason behind all these questions is in early March to current, i began to be fatigued, very flush of face, very sore stiff neck and jaw coupled with a small fungal infection on my tongue. Further my girlfriend at about the same time (after un protected sex with me) began having intermittent bouts of nausea. I dont know if these systems are reflective of ARS.

Again many thanks for the response and continued good work. A donation is on the way.

Well, despite "usual male stupidity," it seems your escort was anything but stupid. KY products (warming lubricant, jelly, liquid and Ultra Gel) are all condom compatible and condom safe.

Your symptoms are not suggestive of or worrisome for HIV ARS.

Thanks for your donation! Spend some time on this site, boning up on knowledge to keep your "up boner" safe. In particular, learn about HIV-prevention methods, water-based lubricants and safer sexual techniques.

Stay safe and you'll stay well.

No Question...Just a Goodbye
Worried Jack