Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

ME AGAIN, JUST DONATED $100.00REALLY NEED YOUR CONTACT.

Doc,

You have answered me before when I wrote in round February with my post 13 WEEKS, 4 DAYS STILL NON REACTIVE, BUT

Wrote you again about a month ago telling you that I thought I was fine but now Im terrified because my wife, who was in Brazil at the time, had come down with the flu symptoms about 4 weeks after we tried to make a baby. You didnt respond. I have to believe you got the messageit was long so there could have been a transmission error too in sending it(how ironic that would be considering).

Knowing you like I think I do, I took that non-response to mean something from you like:

Yes I read it, no Im not going to reply. I told you once you were fine, Im not telling you again. Read the archives!!

Fair-enough. I said Id donate and I just did$100.00 by credit card at your website. To me $100.00 is big amount so I hope you can just reach out to me again and respond one more time please. Im going to try to keep this on the professional medical angle, instead of a tell me again Im ok opinion question.

So Doc,

Ive had my 14th or so Oraquick-Orasure finger-prick rapid blood test done, all negative.. The latest was 5 months exactly after possible low-risk, unprotected oral exposure with a female sex-working in California. Ive been off and on ill with every symptom for the first 3 plus months..

For the last 2 months, Ive felt pretty good really except for the last 3 plus weeks. Now I seem to have these constant headaches, slight pains in my lower abdomen, flushed skin, itchy spots here and there and now after I eat, I get a bit nauseous. If its not HIV, Im thinking its Cancer of some kind. (Which honestly, as long I have not passed anything STD on to my family or harmed them with my stupidity, I will take)

Question: Seroconversion. Im told by many sources, that 97% of all people convert by 3 months. And if I make one more months test and pass the 6 month test, then I should pretty much forget about the HIV thing and move on.

So where does the 3% come from? What really is Late conversion? How long we talking here? 8 months, 12 months 2 years delayed in Seroconvesion?

Could that just be a bug in the tracking and testing patters that account for the 3%? Could it be the testing technologies from then to now, and that just todays tests are better? How is it possible that every worried-well that comes here looking for support always ends up clear after testing at 3 months? Has anyone youve ever given a clean-bill-of-health to, come back 1 year later and said Im positive now!?

Have you ever heard from anyone that was given a clean bill of health, come back a year later and say there were positive?

Dr.

Im sorry to bug. Im almost through this ordeal and I know I said I was going to keep it professional and please feel free to respond accordingly.

I just dont understand how its so hard to believe that I couldnt fall into that 3% that could be late with conversion. Someone has to.

Unlike Bush, you are a great man with a righteous purpose and goals. You DO set examples for others to follow and many people from around the world DO look up to you with respect and admiration and appreciate all that you are. May you live as long as you feel like.

K2.

Hello K2,

Welcome back to the forum. You are correct: I often do not respond to repeat questioners when I have no additional information to provide. I do hope they will find the reassurance and re-reassurance and re-re-re-re-reassurance they are searching for in the archives.

Since you attempted to keep your question (actually more like 10 questions) on the "professional medical angle," I will do the same with my response.

1. 14 ("or so") negative OraQuick tests out to five months following a "possible low-risk, unprotected oral exposure" are definitive and conclusive. You are HIV negative. I just can't say it any plainer or more simply than that. How you choose to live with that irrefutable fact is up to you. Re-asking the question another dozen times (or after another dozen negative tests) will not change the fact that fact. HIV is not your problem.

2. Your symptoms are not consistent with, suggestive of or worrisome for HIV ARS or HIV disease.

3. "If it's not HIV, I'm thinking it's cancer . . . ." Hmmm . . . of course you are! And when that irrational fear is also proven to be completely baseless, what will be next? Ebola? Bird Flu? SARS? Mad Cow???

4. You are not a late seroconverter. No way. No how. End of story.

5. As for folks repeatedly testing negative beyond the window period following a low-risk exposure and then coming back a year later with a positive result, no, I have never seen this.

6. Please consider getting some counseling. Your fears are unwarranted and irrational. You need help confronting those fears and accepting the truly wonderful news that you are HIV negative.

Thank you for your generous donation. I am confident the good karma generated form such a deed will help you find the peace and health you desire.

Is thrush in the mouth contagious to a kisssing partner?
Thanks so much, Doctor