Is thrush in the mouth contagious to a kisssing partner?
Mar 26, 2006
Is thrush of the mouth contagious to a kissing partner? I have been taking lozenges by prescription to be complete in 10 days.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Nope. Thrush is "opportunistic," not contagious. It takes the "opportunity" of someone's immune system being deficient or suppressed to manifest itself.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sinus Infection Sign Of Seroconversion
- Ache In Testicles After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Anal Sex Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Deep Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.