Am I already lost?

This is the 6th time I have written to you and I'm beginning to lose faith...

I had a rendevouz with a tg sex worker... Insertive unprotected oral and insertive protected anal. I thought this was "safe" until I started experiencing ars type symptoms...

5 days after my armpits had transient pain.

10 days after my neck hurt really bad (and is still sore).

20 days after I had a sore throat on one side that has lasted for the last 10 days...

Also my skin seems drier then usual and it's very red when I get out of hot showers!!!

I haven't had a fever that I know of (I take my temperature every day)

I'm really freaked out and I would like to opinion of whether this is worrisome for ars and whether I should contribute to rising healthcare costs by getting tested...

I would like to say I will donate (I will) but I don't want you to think that I expect to have to donate to get an answer. I really believe in what you are doing and I think you unselfishly help a lot of people out.

I look forward to your reply... Thanks!!!

Your experience and concerns are very similar to those of many other questioners. My responses to these very similar questions are always the same. Just take a look in the archives and you'll see how very consistent there are. To reiterate briefly once again:

1. Symptoms, no matter what they are, do not equal HIV disease. The only reason to consider HIV testing is having placed yourself at risk for acquiring HIV.

2. Unprotected oral sex carries a very low risk for HIV transmission. Protected insertive sex (any target you wish) is considered "protected" if the latex condom was used properly and did not fail.

3. Your symptoms are not consistent with, suggestive of or worrisome for HIV ARS.

4. If you feel you've placed yourself at risk for HIV, get tested at the three-month mark.

5. If you do decide to make a gift to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org), please accept my heartfelt thanks. I'll be sending back not only a personalized thank-you letter and acknowledgement of your tax-deductible gift, but also my very best good-luck/good-health karma!

Stay well.

re Can't get it out of my head - donation promised for an answer
Is thrush in the mouth contagious to a kisssing partner?