|Am I already lost?
Mar 26, 2006
This is the 6th time I have written to you and I'm beginning to lose faith...
I had a rendevouz with a tg sex worker... Insertive unprotected oral and insertive protected anal. I thought this was "safe" until I started experiencing ars type symptoms...
5 days after my armpits had transient pain.
10 days after my neck hurt really bad (and is still sore).
20 days after I had a sore throat on one side that has lasted for the last 10 days...
Also my skin seems drier then usual and it's very red when I get out of hot showers!!!
I haven't had a fever that I know of (I take my temperature every day)
I'm really freaked out and I would like to opinion of whether this is worrisome for ars and whether I should contribute to rising healthcare costs by getting tested...
I would like to say I will donate (I will) but I don't want you to think that I expect to have to donate to get an answer. I really believe in what you are doing and I think you unselfishly help a lot of people out.
I look forward to your reply... Thanks!!!
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Your experience and concerns are very similar to those of many other questioners. My responses to these very similar questions are always the same. Just take a look in the archives and you'll see how very consistent there are. To reiterate briefly once again:
1. Symptoms, no matter what they are, do not equal HIV disease. The only reason to consider HIV testing is having placed yourself at risk for acquiring HIV.
3. Your symptoms are not consistent with, suggestive of or worrisome for HIV ARS.
4. If you feel you've placed yourself at risk for HIV, get tested at the three-month mark.
5. If you do decide to make a gift to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org), please accept my heartfelt thanks. I'll be sending back not only a personalized thank-you letter and acknowledgement of your tax-deductible gift, but also my very best good-luck/good-health karma!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Glands After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- How Often Does Chlamydia Cause You To Be Sterile In Women?
- If Bodily Fluid Hits Just Your Skin Are You At Risk Of Std's?
- Picture Of Sexually Transmitted Disease Symptoms
- Soreness On Penis Tip After Sex Std Sti
- Will Cephalexin Treat Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.