Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Finger lickin good
Mar 25, 2006

Dr. Bob,

I have just recently visited your fair city of San Francisco and now I am a little concerned. I was the recipient of a lap dance where the dancer sucked on my finger as if to imitate fellatio on that finger. After this act the "what ifs" started flying around inside my head. My question is to you. Can HIV be transmitted in this manner? At the time, the finger in question had a scabbed over hangnail on it in the process of healing. What if this young lady was HIV+? What would happen if she had blood mixed in with her saliva from a mouth sore or something? I have scoured the posts and have seen that there are no transmission risks from lap dancing-but what about the finger sucking? I told my wife about the episode and right now she is not very pleased about it. Presently she is pregnant and I am afraid to engage in any sort of sexual activity with her for fear of harming both her and the baby. Thanks for your good work.

Sincerely,

"Sleepless in Ohio"

P.S. San Franciso is my most favorite place on earth and hope someday to retire there.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Sleepless in Ohio,

You're worried about a Badda Bing Betty sucking your finger??? Gosh, where are you from again??? Oh yea, Ohio! That explains it. You guys also thought George W. should be elected President, right?

Listen up Dude; you can't get HIV from a sucking lap dancer (so to speak). I'm glad you told your wife, even if she's a bit displeased at the moment. I'll bet she'll appreciate your honesty in the long run. Please reassure her there is no risk to her or your unborn child. She may be shutting down the nookie factory for other reasons for the moment (for instance, feeling you need a "time out" for your 'finger lickin good' San Francisco treat), but there should be no concern regarding HIV, OK?

As for Ohioans retiring to San Francisco, well, we're not so sure about that. First you'll have to learn a lot more about sex (and HIV transmission risks) and second, you'll have to learn how to vote properly. Only then will we consider you application to paradise.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Esophagus problem_what is going on?
Next
RE false negative now positive

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.