Is this whooo hooo able?

I have been worried sick. I have taken multiple EIA HIV tests at 8 weeks, 10 weeks, and 13 weeks for HIV-1 and -2 all came back non-reactive. My problem is my doctor perscribed a topical betamethasone cream without good instruction shortly after my potential exposure which I applied liberally to dermatitis under my eyes for about 2 months. Also, I applied topical lotrisone cream for tinea crusis on my groin area, but not at the same time as my betamethasone cream under my eye. Both were between the time of potential exposure and the 13 week test. I know that these two areas of my body absorb creams more readily than others, so my question is will either the topical betamethasone or topical lotrisone cream invalidate my results? Can I woooo hooo and feel secure that my 13 week negative is conclusive or do I need to wait an additonal 13 weeks and retest? Please help me Bob, my life is in shambles...

Hello Life in Shambles,

A quick trip to the archives would have answered your question (multiple times!). Topical betamethasone and Lotrisone will not affect the body's ability to make anti-HIV antibodies, the duration of the window period or the results of your HIV tests. I see no need for additional testing, being "worried sick" or letting your life fall into shambles. HIV is not your problem. Stop worrying and start WOO-HOO-ing. But don't forget the lessons you've learned. And consider doing something for those who aren't so fortunate. Someone dies of HIV every 10 seconds. Every day an additional 14,000 people become infected. Now that you have some awareness of the terrors of HIV/AIDS, do something for the 40,000,000 people living with HIV today. Promote AIDS awareness and education. Get rid of Bush and his "abstinence only" and "condoms don't work" cronies.

It would make my world complete to get a WHOO HOO from you
Evil Rich Hedonistic Gay Man