Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Re: I need your more than 20 years experience . No need to post this ..
Mar 23, 2006

Dear Dr. Bob Many thanks for your reply , from the experience which I have got it from your advices to other people I was expecting your reply : Your symptoms are not suggestive of HIV ARS or HIV disease , HIV is not your problem. You are HIV negative. , No way. No how.

However, I would like to inform you that I am totally confused, and I have already got psychological counseling and I am under psychological treatment since one year.. But I think no way .. no how to find a solution for my fear I feel , it is very special case of HIV infection and even with your reply I still have doubt .. dry cough for more than one month , joints pain for more than 2.5 months , loose stool for more than one year ( still continued ) no medical indications all the information in the internet refer to HIV , no other virus can case all of these symptoms , one after one .. under this array then what is that if it is not HIV..??

Regarding the donation, to be honest with you , I put it in the title of my post just to have your attention , but even so , I will make it , I am so sorry because I cant make it in one time 500$ , I will try to make it 50 $ by 50 $ as ten times , please apologize me , I like to help others as much as I can and thats what I can do at the moment .. ( I have already tried to make a donation of 50 $ by using the credit card but think there is a problem in the transaction because we dont have zip code in our area , so what should I do , is it safe to repeat it without zip code )

Lebanese Worrier

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

I'm pleased to hear you are currently getting psychological counseling. I strongly urge you to take copies of your questions and my responses with you to your next session and show them to your therapist. If your fears of being HIV infected are still so intense, despite incontrovertible evidence that you are not, clearly your year of counseling has not been effective. Psychiatric intervention may be warranted. You are correct to search for a "solution for your fear," as that is your primary problem, not HIV! We see cases like yours at the Frascino Medical Group quite frequently. Following a thorough evaluation and appropriate testing, the underlying cause for the symptoms (be it physiological or psychological) is discovered. Once treated the symptoms do resolve and the clients realize their perseveration on HIV really was unwarranted. Please note repeatedly negative HIV tests outside of the window period trump symptoms (any symptoms!) each and every time. Continuing to chase after an illness you could not possibly have ("no way, no how") will only lead to more negative tests, more frustration and more fear. I urge you to get the help you need. I can assure you your symptoms are not related to "a very special case of HIV" and in fact, despite what you read on the Internet, they are not even suggestive of HIV disease!

Thanks for your donation. (I really wasn't expecting it to come through.) Because zip codes are not available in Lebanon you can fill in that blank with all zeros and the transaction should process without difficulty.

I do hope your worries lessen and that you can learn to accept the marvelous news that you are indeed HIV negative.

Dr. Bob

Previous
cipro for giardia???
Next
Starting Meds

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.