cipro for giardia???
Mar 23, 2006
Hi Dr. Bob,
I hope you're well and beautiful. So, I think I came down with giardia after an oral/anal experience I had. I went to the doctor, who gave me cipro. I just started it. Will this be effective to stop it? I can't seem to find anything online saying that cipro will fight the giardia.
Thanks and much love,
Response from Dr. Frascino
Giardia lamblia should be treated with metronidazole 250 mg by mouth three times per day for 10 days. Cipro is not a recommended treatment for Giardia. Maybe your doctor was home schooled???
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When You Get The Shingles Vaccine Can You Still Get An Outbreak?
- When They Do The Hiv Blood Test Do They Also Check For Herpes?
- What Would Happen If You Had Sex With Someone That Had Genital Warts?
- Is Ti Common To Get A Uti Before Herpes Outbreak?
- Toxoplasmosis Natural Treatment
- Symptoms Of Gonorrhea In Your Throat
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.