How did you get infected ??

Dr. Bob How did you get infected with HIV ...?? Thanks

The best answer to that question is simply "it doesn't matter!"

Would you think any differently of me if I contracted the virus from a transfusion of tainted blood versus having unprotected sex with someone I thought was monogamous and safe??? See my point??? I can assure you that despite the route of transmission, no one wanted to become infected with this scourge. No one person is more innocent or guilty than the other 40,000,000 of us cohabitating with HIV.

The story of my infection is plastered over the Internet and detailed in many places on this site, including my C.V. and biosketch. It's no secret that the virus found me while I was working. I sustained a severe hollow-bore needlestick and laceration while performing a medical procedure on a patient with advanced-stage AIDS in January 1991. But in truth, I prefer my initial response. How did I get infected with HIV??? It really doesn't matter!

C'mon Bob..No more BUSHIT!!!
False negative now positive?