HIV: Biological Weapon by Uncle Sam?

Hi Dr. Frascino, I just want to say that you are a godsend, and in my opinion, the model human being we all should be. You helped me a great deal in my time of need, and you put my mind at ease when I was sure I was infected. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. My question is a bit bizzare perhaps, but I know you're an open minded person. Do you believe the theory that the Government of the United States had something to do with putting the HIV virus in to the gay population during the late 60's/early 70's, which caused the explosion of the virus during the 80's? I know it that it may seem like a silly question, but with the track record I've been seeing and reading about, I don't find it to be completely out of the question. I heard this information from the Alex Jones show. I'm sure you've probably heard of him.I appologize if this is in the archives, and I just didn't find it. I hope all is well with you. Peace and Love.

Alex Jones is a rightwing wingnut conspiracy theorist who enjoys sensationalism. His stories, including the one you mention, lack not only credible evidence but also common sense. No, this was not in the archives previously as this site does not pander to fiction. I suggest you watch the News Hour with Jim Lehrer on PBS rather than Alex Jones nonsense.

Please Dr Bob I really need to hear from you
And the band still plays on....