|Please Dr Bob I really need to hear from you
Mar 21, 2006
Sorry Im e mailing you for a second time but I just cant get myself to go for another hiv test. Im a male and a couple of months ago I got drunk and did a silly thing by have unprotected vaginal and oral sex with a woman of unknown status. About 4 weeks after that my tongue got a sore burning sort of feeling to it and a small bump appeared on the dorsum which I kept on touching and aggravating and it then turned into a sort of glossitis which was red in the middle of my tongue with what looked like a loss of papillae. I got so scared because all I read on the internet was that erythematous candidiasis was the first sign of HIV. about 4 weeks after the glossits appeared and still hadnt gone away I went to the doctor. This was approximately 8 and half weeks post possible exposure. I did an elisa hiv test which came back negative. So she prescribed some anti fungal medication which sorted out the raw looking red patch on my tongue. However my tongue has turned a bit furry at the back and get very white as the furriness traps food etc. However its not hairy just a little furry(only at the back).
This still scares me terribly because I know that 8 and half weeks for hiv test is not conclusive. Also at 11 weeks post exposure I got the flu (oh my gosh what if I seroconverted late). I also get quite an acute pain in my neck on the right side near my gland area. However when I feel the glands there they dont hurt but I keep getting this sharp pain which comes and goes.
Doc Im a nervous wreck. I think the lady I slept with thinks Im crazy for asking her her hiv status, she tells me shes fine but I dont know her and I cant just believe her. You know doc I dont believe peoples tongues can go all funny for no reason and Ive convinced myself Im positive but Im too scared to go for another test.
Please help me Doc Bob, what do you summize of this and should I test again. I made a terrible mistake and I feel horrible for it.
I need your advise and Ill definately donate what I can afford. I feel so sorry for those under priveleged people living with hiv.
Thanks Doc, thanks a mil
| Response from Dr. Frascino
I'll be brief.
1. Your tongue went "all funny" because you "kept on touching and aggravating" it!
2. Your symptoms are not suggestive of or worrisome for HIV ARS or HIV disease.
3. Your eight-week negative test is very encouraging.
4. ". . . . I've convinced myself I'm positive . . . ." That's your problem, not HIV!
5. Now stop being a ninny and go get your three-month test. It will be negative and you'll be oh so glad you did. You'll yell WOO-HOO and you'll write back to me saying how silly you were to be so scared . . . blah, blah, blah . . . .
Thanks for your donation. Yes, some folks really do have HIV and struggle with its challenges on a daily basis. You, on the other hand, are "unhappy" for no good reason. As the song goes, "Don't worry. Be happy!" OK?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Should I Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Do People Catch AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Fever After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.