looking for a second opinion...

I just had my CD4 count results and my VL count. My CD4 count is 495, and my VL is 208,000. Now this is really high! Along with this I got the bad news that I may have syphyllis, my dr says my high viral load is due to the other infection in my body (syphillis) and once we get rid of it my vl should drop down. is this true? i am just concerned about my high vl.

It is difficult for me to comment with such little information. However, I can advise you that any concurrent infection can cause a spike in HIV replication, thereby leading to an increase in plasma HIV viral load. Once the infection is cleared, the viral load should drop back to its set point. I urge you to get your syphilis treated without delay and suggest you continue to monitor your CD count and viral load every three months.

Exclusive Barebacking
nurses aid with needlestick injury