|my last hope
Mar 19, 2006
dear doc.i think u are the only person that can help me.i am ready for a 300$ donation,but please i need ur help. my nightmare started 3 years ago.as a stupid fantasy.i practiced oral sex on a guy,who fingered me.but no cum was involved,maybe some pre-cum.after 3 days i began to feel on going head pain and congestion with lethargy and after about 2 months floaters appeared on both eyes.nowadays i still have constant debilating headaches with floaters as well as some tingling sensation with numbness in my legs,arms and head .i run the following tests; -hiv 1 &2 +p24 antigen after 1 month ,and after 11 weeks:negatif -hiv 1&2 after 1 year and two months;negatif -pcr hiv 1 after 1 year;undetectable -esr 1 week ago:2 -cd4 after one year=780 cd4 1 week ago=1900 -MRI of the head 1 week ago normal -emg of the arms & legs normal -several cbc;normal pleas doc,the answer to my questions may bring relief to my family: 1-is it possible to have hiv & such test results? 2-is it possible for an hiv infected patient,who is not receiving any treatment,that the cd4 count rises? 3-do u think it is normal that my cd4 rises from 780 to 1900? 5-do u think i maybe from those people who take years to develop antibodies? 4-if it is not hiv,what could be the cause of my symptoms? should i run additional tests? thank you in advance Mark
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Your extensive laboratory testing, including HIV 1&2 + p24, PCR and CD4 counts, reveals you are conclusively and definitively HIV negative (as would be expected from your minimal risk).
To answer your specific questions:
1. No, absolutely not.
2. CD4 cell counts vary up and down for a wide variety of reasons. Both your counts are in the normal range, as would be expected in someone who is not HIV infected.
4. No, you are not a late seroconverter. No way. No how.
5. I cannot diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet. I can, however, tell you definitively what's not causing them. It's not HIV! If I had to guess the underlying cause of your symptoms from the information you provided, I would suggest anxiety and irrational fear of HIV. I would encourage you to consult a therapist. Bring this post and my response to your first visit and discuss it with your therapist. Take a read through the archives of this forum. There you'll find many cases similar to yours and you'll see that in the vast majority of cases, all symptoms magically clear up once the person accepts the fact that they are really HIV negative.
6. Additional tests? None. You've already had way too many. More tests will only yield more "negative" test results. Stop chasing a disease you could not possibly have.
Thank you for your donation, Mark.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Giving Oral Sex?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Licking Genital?
- Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Is It Possible To Get AIDS From Sucking Penis?
- Is It Possible To Get HIV From Receiving Oral Sex?
- Kissing Stripper Should I Get Tested
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.