When is the next concert? Question about viral load and oral - and I think You and Doctor Steve Are so Hot!

Hey Doctor B:

First, you're amazing, and I think your sexy as all hell. Doctor Steve is also very, very hot. Maybe you guys should make a safe sex video for wide release - ala Pam Anderson? Kidding of course (well, not really!)

Quick Questions:

1. When is your next concert? I keep looking and can't wait for the next one.

2. Oral sex (which is the only sexual activity I do) is said to be very low/extremely low risk. But I have read that if someone just acquired HIV and you gave them oral their viral load would be so high that they could pass HIV to you even if you don't take their cum in your mouth. Is that true? I don't take ejaculate in my mouth but I am worried about pre-cum. I have about one oral sex partner a month - so 12 a year. And I am worried, since someone could have just aquired the disease and could easily pass it on via oral sex with just pre-cum. What's your take, your advice and my real risk factor.

So, I look forward to hearing your response - to hear about the next concert date and finally, the release of "Dr. Bob & Steve's Toe Curling Safe Sex Video." Could you give Paris Hilton a run for money!

Thanks!

"Sexy as hell?" Oh, I bet you say that to all HIV "sexperts".

1. The next Concerted Effort Benefit Concert is still in the planning stages. As it looks now it will probably occur sometime around World AIDS Day (December 1st). Presently Dr. Steve and I are well occupied with our lecture series (the awareness, education and advocacy parts of our Foundation's mission). The Concerted Effort Benefit Concert will be next up on our yearly agenda!

2. It is true that HIV has been isolated from pre-cum. It is also true that folks with recent HIV infection often do have dramatically elevated viral loads and that folks with high viral loads are more infectious than those with low or undetectable viral loads. That said, however, it would still be a quantum leap to then assume that someone could get easily infected with the pre-cum of a recently infected dude. Oral sex, with or without recent infection, remains overall in the low/extremely low risk category and that's where I'd place your "real risk factor!" Now I have a question for you. How do you go about picking your Mr. January, Mr. February, etc.?

3. We'll keep you posted on the release date for "Dr. Bob and Dr. Steve's Toe Curling Safe Sex Video." We're still filming. In the meantime, you could try Netflixing our previous film, "Dr. Bob and Dr. Steve's Own-Name-Forgetting, Wake-the-Neighbors Safe Sex Video." And don't miss our masturbation thriller-parody, "Hung Wakenstein."

barebacking risks
my last hope