The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

What to do with unused HIV meds?

Mar 18, 2006

Hello, I recently switched to an actual HIV specialist and she changed my medication regimine. Now instead of Reyataz 400 mg and Truvada, I am on Truvada, 200 mg Reyataz, and Norvir. Anyhow, the problem is, I have all this extra medicine and don't know what to do with it. I know of all kinds of people who cannot afford medications, and I have contacted several charities to see if they could or would use them and those that did bother to call me back didn't have that type of program.

I know this doesn't technically have to do with safe sex and HIV prevention, but I posted on here, because I see you have an AIDS foundation. Is your foundation involved in this kind of thing? Or do you perhaps have any leads on what I can do to get rid of these medications? I don't want them to expire and it doesn't feel right to have over 1000 dollars worth of medication I just won't use and someone out there who can't afford it may be able to. Thank you for your time.

Response from Dr. Frascino


Yes, The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation has been involved with several programs that recycle unwanted or unused medications. I don't know where you are writing from, but you can access a list of organizations that recycle HIV medications by typing "medicine recycling" into the search engine of this site. From there you can take your pick!

Thanks for your willingness to help others.

Dr. Bob

please, please answer!!!
HIV from Anilingus???

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint