what meds do you take?

Dr Robert, Ive asked you this question a few times but you seem to not want to post an answer, do to reasons I still dont understand. So I will ask again "what HIV medications do you take to help you with being HIV positive? You call yourself a DR and you seem to only give advice on how to get on the medications and not how to live maybe without them. You give advice on a website that is funded by the drug companies, which puts you with odds with anyone trying to get true advice about how to live HIV positive with or without the meds. If you feel so strong about HAART being a good way to live a healthy life being HIV positive, why then do you not tell us what medications you take to help with your HIV positive life. I know your obligated to push the meds because if you didnt you would not have funding for this or your personal web site. Please when you post responses to people in need of help, tell them the truth,and that is that you can only give one side of the solution and that please do research to find the best way to live a healthy life being HIV positive. There are thousands of us living without meds and we are not dieing and when people say we are lucky or just a few and far between is not a fact. You are a man with a gift to help people because of your foundation and your HIV status, I wish you would take a stronger look at the other side, and not dodge the tough questions. Hope to here from you on this one.

thanks Ron

Hello Ron,

Gee, why wouldn't I jump at the chance to post a question like yours that accuses me of being "obligated to push meds," being untruthful, giving only "one side of the solution" and dodging tough questions???????

OK, let's get a few things settled up front:

1. I am not obligated to say or push anything, but the truth. I am not receiving funds from pharmaceutical companies. Any and all money generated from all my activities is donated 100% to my foundation and used to provide crucial services to men, women and children struggling with the challenges of HIV/AIDS.

2. I believe strongly in both veracity and integrity.

3. I'm not sure what "one side of the solution" you are referring to. My advice to all HIV-positive folks is to work closely with an HIV specialist physician. I recommend general measures for maximizing immune health stop smoking; optimize nutrition, sleep and exercise; decrease stress; etc. When and if CD4 counts fall consistently into a range where the degree of immunodeficiency leaves one with an increased risk of opportunistic disease, I recommend HAART. Which of the over 20 antiretroviral medications should be taken and in what combination depends on many factors resistance profile, compliance issues, other concurrent medical conditions or medications, etc., etc., etc.

4. As far as what medications I take, I have been on a number of different regimens over the past decade. I would not recommend someone else take my exact regimen, as it may be totally inappropriate for their particular situation. When it comes to HIV therapy, the motto should be "One Size Fits One!"

5. As for dodging tough questions, I would encourage you to take a read through the archives. If you can find a tough question I haven't tackled, please, by all means, let me know. Not only do I not avoid tough questions, I actually prefer them over annoying questions like yours.

Good luck, Ron. I think you may well need it.

oxandrin
Sculptra & Restylin