Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum
Mar 15, 2006

Do I need any more further Hiv Testing?

Hello, My name is Brian and I'm 22 years old. In Nov 3, 2005 I had I protected intercourse with a another man. What happen, was he stick his penis in my ass for about 30 seconds. Then he didn't do a thing. Then, he decided to pull it outaway from my butt. And then he decided to put a condum on. I get tested at 90 day and the Elisa test was negative. Then My 4 1/2 month hiv test (which was the home access testing) results were negative. My question is this. Do I need any more further Hiv testing? Can I completely end this matter Once and for all. I've been depressed for a long time now and I really need your answer. Please tell me that I don't need any further hiv testing and I'm finally done with this. It hurts when I have to think about this all the time. Please tell me that I'm ok. Thank you for taking your time for reading my letter and have a great day. P.s. You are a funny guy and I amire that.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

I'm glad your question made it to the correct forum!

If your partner inserted his unprotected dick in your backdoor, your intercourse was not completely "protected." It may have been brief (30 seconds), but it was not "protected" until he put the condom on. That said, testing HIV negative at 90 days and 4 months is both definitive and conclusive. No further testing is warranted or needed. But to avoid future worries, make sure your sexual adventures are truly "protected" from start to climactic finish!

Stay safe. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
PEP effect on ARS
Next
nude lap dance

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.