DR. BOB, PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTION--WILL GLADLY DONATE $250

Dr. Bob, I would appreciate it very much if you could give me your opinion concerning my matter. I had an unprotected encounter in October '03 with a girl of unkown status (I have attended school with her my whole life, and I have never noticed her to be sick or anything). She gave me unprotected oral sex, and we were going to have vaginal intercourse but she only rubbed my erect penis against her clitoris and between her vaginal lips. A few days later I noticed a reddish rash where my legs connect to my body (groin area), it didn't itch or peel or anything else. It went away within a few days (a groin rash isn't one of the symptoms for intial HIV infection is it?). It got me worrying and I started reading HIV symptoms on the net ALL THE TIME. After reading the symptoms I started to develop some of them, including diarrhea, sore throat, tender lymph nodes in neck, floaters in vision, inability to sleep (this could be due to the extreme anxiety and stress), woke up one night covered in sweat after reading night sweats were an HIV symptom (though this could have been due to stress as well). During this same time it seemed many people in the community were coming down with the Flu, including my sister and her boyfriend. Also, the symptoms all went away within a week and a half (excepot the floaters, I still have them). I was wondering if you think these were caused by HIV infection or could they be due to my extreme anxiety and stress thinking I was infected. Also, I wake up with a sore throat many mornings that goes away within an hour, and there is some mucus discharge from my eyes (possibly the same stuff that causes "sleepers" in many people).....do you think this is due to allergies (which I have been told many times) or could it be caused by HIV infection? Also, I was married this past October and my wife and I are expecting our first child any day now. When we went in for her first ultrasound there was a cyst on her kidney. We had to go back a follow up u/s and there was another cyst. Our baby doctor and an u/s tech said it was most likely nothing to worry about, and they see this happen 3 - 4 times a year. Could a kidney cyst on a fetus be due to HIV infection? Again, I know you answer questions similar to this often so you want to steer clear of them but I would sincerely appreciate it if you answred this question. Also, there will be a $250 donation coming in your direction in the future for answering this. PLEASE ANSWER SO I CAN LET THIS GO AND KNOW YOUR OPINION, THIS IS MY 7th TIME POSTING AND I WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO UNTIL I GET MY QUESTION ANSWERED.

Your HIV risk is minimal unprotected oral sex and vaginal frottage.

Your "symptoms" developed only after reading about them on the Internet. I do not believe they are HIV related. Yes, extreme stress and anxiety can induce the symptoms you describe. The eye discharge is not HIV related and most likely is due to allergies or some other benign condition. Kidney cysts are not related to HIV infection.

Although I do not feel your exposure was significant or that your symptoms are worrisome for HIV disease, if you are concerned, HIV testing is always an option open to you. Since you are beyond the "window period," you could get an HIV rapid test and have a definitive, conclusive answer within 20 minutes. That may be the most efficient and effective way to calm your anxieties and put your worried mind to rest. I would also suggest you consider leveling with your wife. Doing so is an effective way to confront and cope with guilt, anxiety and stress. Communication and honesty are the cornerstones of all successful, strong and enduring relationships.

Thank you for your generous donation. (www.concertedeffort.org) In return, I'll send you my very best good-luck karma that your HIV test is negative and that your symptoms and fears quickly resolve. Finally, best of luck with your upcoming new addition!

SCARED IN CANADA!!!! IM NOT SURE WHAT IS WRONG!!!
Thanks