SCARED IN CANADA!!!! IM NOT SURE WHAT IS WRONG!!!

Hi Dr. Frascino

What you do is amazing! You give hope to everyone out there that is paranoid. We love you in Canada!

What I wanted to ask you is...I received unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal sex with an older woman back in October. I know it is a fairly low risk, but I've been having pain in my groin, pain in the right side of my neck and throat, dry sore throat, fatigued, and weak. Could these symptoms be caused by my anxiety? I've had them for awhile. I've just been freaking out about hiv and other std's for the passed 5 months.

Also we hate Bush up here in Canada, if there was stem cell research, would it be a good possibility to find a cure for HIV?

Thank you so much Dr. Stay well.

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

You are correct: your walk on the wild side was indeed "fairly low risk" at best (whether the chick was barely legal or Barbara Bush). Your "symptoms" are not worrisome for or suggestive of ARS or HIV disease. Yes, they could be related to anxiety. If you've "been freaking out about HIV and other STDs for the 'passed' 5 months," can you guess what advice I'm going to suggest??? Yep! You guessed it! Just go and get tested! It really is just that straightforward. Freaking out and even writing to me won't change whether or not you actually have an STD. So to stop freaking and stop worrying, you know what needs to be done. Get going!

As for Bush, well, he's started a disastrous war under false pretenses by lying to us and to the Congress; he has turned a budget surplus into a severe deficit; he has consistently and unconscionably favored the wealthy and corporations over the rights and needs of the general population; he has destroyed trust and confidence in, and good will toward, the United States around the globe; he has ignored global warming, to the world's detriment; he has wantonly broken our treaty obligations; he has condoned torture of prisoners; he has attempted to create a theocracy in the United States; he has appointed incompetent cronies to positions of vital national importance; he did nothing while the city of New Orleans was destroyed and he tried to sell our ports to an Arab government. Now, if only someone would please give him a blowjob so we could impeach him!

Stay well.

can i woohoo? donation on the way
DR. BOB, PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTION--WILL GLADLY DONATE $250