Condom Breaking @ Uncommon Time- WILL SUPPORT WITH DONATION

About a month ago I had protected vaginal and anal sex with a prostitute. I fingered her vagina and anus. However, the condom broke in the prostitute's hand during the encounter. The condom was immediately replaced and intercourse continued. Am I at risk for HIV? I am extremely worried. I have read your support board religiously and find it to be very uplifting and a goldmine for helping keep the public educated on safe sex and HIV. Please answer this question for myself and for others who have this unique concern! I am willing to donate all that I can to your organization to help stop the spread of AIDS around the world. I am particularly interested in donating to efforts in Africa. Please respond Dr. Bob! Please! It's worth your time and others'!

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. You had protected vaginal and anal sex. OK. "However the condom broke in the prostitute's hand during the encounter." What does that mean? I'll assume you were not, shall we say, "plugged in" when the condom failed. Is that correct? So why exactly are you so concerned? Perhaps you are worried about secretions on the condom or prostitute's hands when the condom popped. If that's the case, I'd say your HIV risk and potential exposure are extremely minimal at best. However, as always, if you are worried or feel that you've placed yourself at risk, HIV testing is always an option open to you. Remember that HIV tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered definitive. Consequently, you'll have to wait a couple more months for a conclusive HIV test result.

Good luck!

You Are The "Man"
HIV vs. Diabetes