Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Home Access Fears
Mar 11, 2006

Doctor Frascino, I am a miltary officer who had two low risk encounters about 6 months ago and I cant put it out of my head. I had protected vaginal sex with some mild "frottage" and unprotected oral. Then in another port I had a protected oral encounter with a sex worker while I fingered her, I then masturbated with some of her vaginal fluid likely on my hand. I took one home access test at about 9 weeks from the first incident and 6 weeks from the second, I took another home access 13 weeks from the first and 10 weeks from the second. How reliable could I consider my negatives, I have been able to let reason calm me down most of the time but I sometimes get panic attacks just thinking about it. I am a huge fan of this site, it has helped me give initial advice to alot of my subordinates, I have contributed for over two years, Thank you for all you do.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Your HIV risk is extremely low at best. Your negative tests to date are very encouraging and definitively rule out HIV transmission for the protected vaginal/frottage/unprotected oral adventure (13-week negative test).HIV transmission for the second episode protected oral/finger play/masturbation with vaginal fluids can be ruled out when you have a negative test at the three-month mark. The odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this minimal potential exposure, particularly with a negative 10-week test!

Thanks for your contributions (www.concertedeffort.org), and for giving appropriate information to your subordinates.

Stay well. (Yes, I do believe you are indeed well.)

Dr. Bob

Previous
Please help still worried
Next
Positive I'm Positive.. I think

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.