Crabs from hot tub?
Mar 11, 2006
A friend called me to tell me he found crabs in his pubes and he wanted me to check myself. He said he has not been with anybody else (and neither have I for the past month). Can crabs (pubic lice) be transmitted through sharing a hot tub or sauna? (Maybe only if they wear tiny lifejackets? lol) The temp of the water in the tub is 99-102.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Crabs are contracted primarily via skin-to-skin contact with someone who has them. You can catch crabs during sex. It is also feasible to get them from towels or other personal belongings and even from sitting on an infested toilet seat. Hot tubs? No, this would be extremely unlikely. The heat would fry the little suckers, even if they had their tiny lifejackets on.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Getting HIV Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Dry Cough After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.