Re: Prove it

Dr. Bob, I'm with ya on the Duesberg theory...he's a nut.

But now I'm going nuts because you said, "It is not at all uncommon for HIV-infected folks to remain essentially asymptomatic for a decade." I have never been tested (believe me, I'm trying to get the courage to test) and know that my only potential exposure would have been 14 years ago. I've been told my many doctors that I would have definitely had something go on by now if I were infected. What percentage of people could go 14 years without any symptoms? Is it like between 1-5%? I always have CBCs taken and I've NEVER had anything out of the range come up. My doctor says that something would have shown in the CBC by now. Do you agree? Please tell me something encourage, like "it's pretty unlikely you're infected".

-Sometime you feel like a nut....sometimes you don't. I definitely feel like I'm going nuts.

You're still trying to work up the courage to get tested 14 years after your only potential exposure??? Fourteen years???? So you sign on to HIV/AIDS Web sites, worry about what routine CBC results might show and wonder what percentage of people could go 14 years without any symptoms, and want me to tell you something encouraging???? Actually "something encouraging" isn't the first thing that pops into my mind for things I would like to say to you, but I'm too much of a gentleman and far too discreet to mention those things in polite company. So I'll just parrot your quote, "it's pretty unlikely you're infected," and leave it at that, since obviously you're completely paralyzed with irrational fears and will most likely die of old age still wondering if your HIV test could have been negative. I can't wait to get your question dated March 2042 asking me what percentage of folks could go 50 years without any symptoms.

Good luck. (I don't think you need it HIV-wise, but you probably will need it to navigate life on this planet.)

Nurse that is Scared to Death!
My parents don't want to talk about HIV and AIDS