EVERYONE READ THIS PLEASE

Hello Dr. Bob-

I never thought this day would come...I have waited 3 years to write this to you...Dr. Bob, you have given me support, compassion, guidance and most of all (albeit delayed) confidence to do the right thing. I spent 3 years convinced I was HIV positive. I honestly had it all... First the high risk encounter(unproteced anal sex with a man of unknown status) then, 6 weeks later came ARS (swollen lymph nodes, thrush, night sweats, fever) I was sick and tired for a month-- I was too scared to get a Mono test because I was worried the Doc would say "sorry you are HIV poz". I then buckled up for the hellacious roller coaster many here are riding-- See, We scour for clues here-- anything... messages from folks with similar symptoms, they ask: "I have thrush, is it a definite sign of HIV" others: " My left armpit lymph node is swollen am I POZ?". I found comfort in some answers but the end message from you was the one that took so long to digest-- SYMPTOMS DO NOT EQUAL HIV-- the only TRUE test is TO test...... The message finally stuck-- today! I am happy to report a WOOHOO -- I am HIV Neg.. I hope my story somehow assures someone out there to get that test--- and Dr. Bob thank you for a wonderful job-- you helped me in so many ways more than I can use words to describe-- Here's to THE TRUE HERO IN HERE!

Thanks for taking the time to write and share your good news (even though it's three years tardy!)! I, too, hope your story will encourage courage in others and enable them to conquer their fears.

Stay safe. Stay well.

I LOVE YOU
Dr. Bob Thanks for easing americas mind