Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

EVERYONE READ THIS PLEASE
Mar 10, 2006

Hello Dr. Bob-

I never thought this day would come...I have waited 3 years to write this to you...Dr. Bob, you have given me support, compassion, guidance and most of all (albeit delayed) confidence to do the right thing. I spent 3 years convinced I was HIV positive. I honestly had it all... First the high risk encounter(unproteced anal sex with a man of unknown status) then, 6 weeks later came ARS (swollen lymph nodes, thrush, night sweats, fever) I was sick and tired for a month-- I was too scared to get a Mono test because I was worried the Doc would say "sorry you are HIV poz". I then buckled up for the hellacious roller coaster many here are riding-- See, We scour for clues here-- anything... messages from folks with similar symptoms, they ask: "I have thrush, is it a definite sign of HIV" others: " My left armpit lymph node is swollen am I POZ?". I found comfort in some answers but the end message from you was the one that took so long to digest-- SYMPTOMS DO NOT EQUAL HIV-- the only TRUE test is TO test...... The message finally stuck-- today! I am happy to report a WOOHOO -- I am HIV Neg.. I hope my story somehow assures someone out there to get that test--- and Dr. Bob thank you for a wonderful job-- you helped me in so many ways more than I can use words to describe-- Here's to THE TRUE HERO IN HERE!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to write and share your good news (even though it's three years tardy!)! I, too, hope your story will encourage courage in others and enable them to conquer their fears.

Stay safe. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
I LOVE YOU
Next
Dr. Bob Thanks for easing americas mind

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.