Risk of exposure in hospitals, hiv clinics etc.

Dear Dr. Bob,

I had not been tested for HIV in about 10 years, so I went and got tested at my local AIDS clinic last week (thought it would be a good idea from previous unprotected sex, and it was negative).

However, later that day I started getting anxious that I might have touched blood left on a doorknob, chair, or some other object from previous blood work or test being done. I didn't notice it if I did.

Just touching some blood I am not concerned with, but leaving the office, I probably rubbed my eyes (I have allergies and contacts) or maybe picked my nose or something stupid without remembering. Would this be putting myself at risk and do I need to go back and get tested again later if this actually occurred? It seems kind of an indirect route of exposure.

I have been reading this site and you must have tremendous patience to deal with all of our questions and seem to be a very strong willed person. Even if I don't hear from you, I wish you the best. (And you would get my vote if you ran for President)

The chance of your acquiring HIV from the activities you describe is the same as my chance of becoming President, and having a Dick like Cheney as Vice, i.e. beyond nonexistent! End of story!

Stay well. (Yes, you are indeed well.)

Glad you're back with us Doc
Where the Hell did u go ta?