questions on symptoms

First off, this is the most informing site I have found thusfar in my past 72 hours of worrying.

Ok, here it is...I had unprotected sex twice over around Mid June and Mid July 2005 with two separate partners (females) for a total of three times. I was tested in August and it was neg. I didn't develope any symptoms until I got to Iraq (Fighting for Oil). Around November I developed a cough which lasted for three weeks or so and would get the sniffles every now and then, but no fever or flu like symptoms occured. I worked around lots of other people in close quarters so passing off sickness could be highly probable. I recieved the flu vaccine in October to like I do every year. Also in Januaray I developed what 10-12 bumps on my penis which I still have and the dermatologists believes it is molluscum which is common in HIV+ people from what I have read. But we also had communial showers and bathrooms so it is possible that I could have gotten the molluscum from a toilet seat or something of that nature. Lastly I noticed a white coating on the back of my tounge, but I am a smoker and I do have a cold now to. Im thinking that just being in a foreign country could have contributed to my cough and sniffles while over there. I am waiting for my bloodwork to come back as we speak, but Im just scared to death!

Thankyou so much

I'm glad you're back from Iraq, and hope we get everyone else home soon as well. Bush has totally mucked the place up. (No surprise there.)

Here's the scoop on your risk. Unprotected sex does place you at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. Your negative test in August is encouraging, but not definitive. Antibody tests taken prior to three months are not considered conclusive.

Your symptoms are not worrisome for ARS. I agree you should be retested, but the odds remain astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from your summer adventures. I anticipate your pending HIV lab tests will once again be negative.

From as general health perspective, I suggest:

1. Stop smoking.

2. Have the dermatologist treat your molluscum (most cases have nothing to do with HIV, by the way).

3. Use latex condoms to avoid similar anxious moments in the future.

4. Vote Bush and cronies out of office.

$1,000 Donation Per Answer - Scared Shitless!! Please Answer Dr. Bob!!!!
I know you have no crystal ball however..