still unsure and sacared

Dr. Mr.Frascino, Im really worried about hiv since I received oral sex from a prostitute. I had symthoms during last 6 months, rash , candida in my tongue(after antibiotics to cure a uretritis) cunjuntivitis, etc. I,ve been tested in different centers at 2 1/2 , 3 1/2 , 4 1/2 moths (this time in brussels at prestigious hiv center) and finally at 6 months (this time anti-hiv and viral load) always negative and viral load undetectable and CD4 819 ul/ml . After this I started unprotected sex with my wife again, we want to have a new baby, and she developed a bronquitis (sorry about my english) with headache, sorethrough and enormous cough during 8 days , at day 5 after unprotected sex with me. I,m so scared because I think I could trasnfer hiv to my wife, even though all the results became negative ( 5 tests up to month 6) Do you think the uretritis may delayed the hiv status? should I be tested again at 9 and 12 months? the doctor in Brussels told me at month 4 1/2 that I did not need further tests , but the one in Spain said that she recommended another test and viral load at month 10 or 12, I believe she appreciate I was to worried and may be I was not telling all the true about sex episode, I feelt this about her. what do you think, should still I be worried? Is possible symthoms of bronquitis on my wife 5 days after sex with me? Please answer me , Im desperate. Thank you for your enormous work, and please tell me how can I make donation to your center. Kind regards from Spain, (sorry for my poor english)

Hello Spanish-Guy,

Oral sex carries only a very low potential risk for HIV transmission. Your repeatedly negative HIV tests, including a viral load test out to six months, are completely definitive and conclusive. You are HIV negative. No further testing is warranted. Urethritis will not affect HIV test results. You absolutely could not have transmitted HIV to your wife, because you do not have HIV disease. I think your primary problem at this time is guilt over this incident. I suggest being honest with your wife. It's not only the best way to confront and cope with your guilt and anxiety; it's also the right thing to do.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on our Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Thanks for your willingness to help others who are in desperate need.

Stay well.

on the female condom
$1,000 Donation Per Answer - Scared Shitless!! Please Answer Dr. Bob!!!!