Is thrush contagious?
Mar 8, 2006
I am poz and have ITP....my CD4 count's been dropping and I started HAART and ITP-treatment a month ago...but since I was on prednisone, I got thrush. My boyfriend wants to know if he is at risk of "catching" it.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Nope. Thrush is not contagious. It's an opportunistic illness. It takes the "opportunity" of one's immune system being suppressed (in your case by prednisone) or deficient (low CD4 count) to develop. Please reassure your boyfriend he is not at risk. By the way, we have excellent medications that can readily treat thrush. Ask your doctor about these.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Dizziness A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Pain In Penis An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Sex With A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Diarrhea After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.