|How to cope with the waiting of the window period
Mar 7, 2006
Dear Dr Robert
You have this question in your archive before and I have read it, so this is not really a question. More like a plead or search for emotional support to cope with this waiting during the window period.
It is only the third day since the exposure (visited a prostitue and have protected sex, too drunk to remember if anything break but did remember no ejaculation).
And I am going nuts though I keep on telling myself to snap out of it after speaking to a counselor. In addition to HIV, there are a whole bunch of other diseases to think about. Not very pleasing thought.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Yes, I have addressed the problem many times in previous posts and my advice remains the same. Reread those responses and do consider:
1. Anxiety counseling. Anxiety is a treatable condition.
2. Volunteering your time to those in desperate need (an AIDS hospice, pediatric cancer ward, etc.). Helping others less fortunate than ourselves is an excellent way to put our problems in their proper perspective. Give it a try.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How To You Cope With Anxiety About HIV?
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Take To Get Symptoms Of An Std?
- Are Chronic Yeast Infection And Swollen Glands Sign Of Hiv?
- Are Little Bumps On The Head Of The Penis A Sign Of Hiv?
- Can Antiviral Drugs Mask Test Results?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.