How to cope with the waiting of the window period

Dear Dr Robert

You have this question in your archive before and I have read it, so this is not really a question. More like a plead or search for emotional support to cope with this waiting during the window period.

It is only the third day since the exposure (visited a prostitue and have protected sex, too drunk to remember if anything break but did remember no ejaculation).

And I am going nuts though I keep on telling myself to snap out of it after speaking to a counselor. In addition to HIV, there are a whole bunch of other diseases to think about. Not very pleasing thought.

Scared shitless

Yes, I have addressed the problem many times in previous posts and my advice remains the same. Reread those responses and do consider:

1. Anxiety counseling. Anxiety is a treatable condition.

2. Volunteering your time to those in desperate need (an AIDS hospice, pediatric cancer ward, etc.). Helping others less fortunate than ourselves is an excellent way to put our problems in their proper perspective. Give it a try.

Pls 5 years...cant bear anymore
Strategic Interruption of HIV meds