Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Pls 5 years...cant bear anymore
Mar 7, 2006

Dear Dr,

I need your advise...as I have been scared for almost 5 yrs..I just wanna know can I be negative....here is my story

5 years ago...I go to find a sexworker....I asked her to masterbate...then I cover my left hand with condom to touch her body...and use my right hand to masterbate myself....as she have played her pussy...so I am not sure if have any "liquid" on her body or not at the time she use her hand to touch her body...but it seems have some ...but I still touch her with my left hand as I have covered by condom....but that condom suddenly broken....I used my right hand to remove it...and keep masterbate....but the problem is...I have wound on my penis....I

so my Question is....if the condom really have "liquid"...and my right hand touched it...and I use my right hand to masterbate...and touch the wound....can I be affected??

there was a minutes or longer...at the time my left hand touch the liquid(if have)till the condom broken....in such a period of time...can the air already kill all HIV??

I am so worry....for already 5 yrs....can I woo woo.....pls tell me...I dont have guts to test....as I do have all symtoms..and now I still have a symtoms of PGL...under my left armpit...and my neck...which should be symtoms of a 5 yr carrier...pls give me answer...as really can bear anymore....

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Your HIV risk is essentially nonexistent. I see absolutely no cause for minimal transient worry, let alone five years of massive incapacitating anxiety.

If you're worried, get tested. You don't really need it, but if that's what it takes to put your worries to rest, then just go do it! You'll have your results in 20 minutes.

HIV is not your problem. Counseling may well be helpful in confronting your unwarranted fears. OK?

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
please answer this time
Next
How to cope with the waiting of the window period

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.