Don't know what other options I have

Hello, I have been reading your site for the past while and just want to say thanks to you all for all of the information.

My question is a crazy one, but I really need some assistance as I have no where else to turn. Had unprotected sex back in 1998 with a pretty risky guy, and now I realise I got tested way too early after possible exposure to know for certain that I was HIV negative. Good news is that I haven't had unprotected sex ever again.

In the past year I've had a few medical problems some of which I visited the doctor for (frequent yeast infections, severe rash for 4 months around my naval in the fat folds (started to disappear once I started to lose weight), proximal toe nail fungus, started unexpectedly losing weight about 8 months ago and have gone from 157 to 130, lump started growing about the same time in one of my saliva glands under my tongue and now it is quite large (still waiting to go for a CT scheduled in a couple of months), and in the last week a purple lump has started to develop on my tongue, one gland is now swelling under my arm and I just can't seem to keep the weight on even though I am eating three times as much as before.

I finally worked up enough courage to go for an HIV test. Test came back negative for antibodies yesterday, and now the doctor doesn't want to address any of my HIV concerns saying that the test is 100% accurate and I would have to be in a coma to be HIV positive yet showing HIV negative on the test. I've been told by him that they will not do any other type of tests for HIV.

I've read that sometimes HIV positive people can show up as negative once they are in the later stages. My question is, if I had lymphoma etc but still enough of a CD4 count to keep me alive for now... and am positive but testing negative, what else can I do to ease my worries other than waiting to drop dead in the next month from the cancerous lumps growing in my body or some other illness that comes on quick? I have exhausted all of my possibilities with my doctor.

Any help is greatly appreciated and a donation is on the way. I just want to put my mind at ease.

Thanks for your thanks.

As for putting your mind at ease, I think that is an excellent idea and that is where you need to focus your energies. HIV is not your problem. I agree with your doctor: no further HIV tests are warranted. Whatever is causing your symptoms, it's not HIV! What certainly needs additional attention is your fear of HIV. I strongly recommend psychological counseling to help you confront and cope with these unrealistic and irrational fears.

Thanks for your donation! I do hope you'll seek and get the medical help you need and not additional HIV studies that you clearly don't!

In a state of Panic....
another thanks