In a state of Panic....

hi,

firstly can i just say that this website is truley amazing. How do I go about making a contribution to the Africa programe i have read about.

Anyway, my story....to put it mildy ive been so stupid i look back now and want to just curl up and die....

over the last say 5 years ive visited sex workers on on off. I have alwaysed used a condom when having vaginal sex but have in the past not used one when the sex worker has perfomed oral sex on me.

I am scared that I have possibly contracted HIV or any other STD. I have had no symptoms but as still very worried that I have.

Ive finally come to my sense and have realised the foolish mistakes I have made.

I have tried to book an appointment at the only STD clinic in my area but because they are so busy appointments backlogged and its impossible for me to get one anytime soon.

I have read the posts but i guess everyones experiences are different.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Awesome work...thanks again.

Thanks for your kind comments. Contributions to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be made online at www.concertedeffort.org or by sending a donation to:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 1000 Fremont Ave., Suite 145 Los Altos, CA 94024

If you would like your contribution to be dedicated to our work in Africa, merely send us a note with your donation. If you prefer to donate online, simply inform us of your intentions via email, which can be easily done on the Web site.

Regarding your HIV risk, it's identical to many other questioners.

1. Protected sex is considered to be "protected," if the latex condom was used properly and did not fail.

2. Oral sex carries a very low risk for potential HIV transmission.

If you feel you've placed yourself at risk, you'll need to be tested. Wait at least three months from your last possible exposure for your HIV test, as tests taken prior to that are not considered to be definitive. STD and HIV screening can be done at any private physician's office, urgent care center or STD clinic.

I see no cause for panic or excessive worry.

Good luck!

Test results
Don't know what other options I have