Test results

Dr. Bob,

Thank you so much for finally answering. In one of my annoying emails I did mention I found some similar answers to my questions but as with almost all irrational folks the archives dont seem to cut it. As for you wondering why I got a WB instead of an ELISA. My doctor only does the WB, dont know why. Were you suggesting I get an ELISA too or was the WB good enough? Hopefully you can forgive us irrational annoying people who probably make your inbox a full time job.

Sorry for the endless questions.

Worry Wart

Hi Worrywart,

You don't need another HIV test, but you may need another doctor. Performing Western Blot tests only for screening HIV tests (without first having a preliminary positive ELISA) is inappropriate. Do your doctor a favor and suggest he get a refresher course on HIV/AIDS diagnostic tests!

Finally, my hope is that the extensive archives I've developed over the years will help the irrational become rational! Spend more time reading the archives and less time resubmitting questions that have already been addressed many times and I'll bet both you and my overstuffed inbox will be better served!

Feeling tired all the time (resubmitted from the fatigue and anemia forum)
In a state of Panic....