Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Is it possible you read every single email?
Feb 23, 2006

Dr. Bob,

After more than 25 attempts over 12 weeks. I got a Western Blot test yesterday and my doctor said it was non reactive. Is this a Woo Hoo event?

Since you never answered any of my attempts (dont know why) here is/was my cause for concern.

Mutual Masturbation but not to ejaculation. Warts on my hand got his precum on them and he touched my genital warts and tinea. Still do not know if he had cuts or blood on his hands or fingers that could have come in contact with my warts/tinea. I still want to know what the risk is of infected fluid coming in contact with genital warts and tinea.

Remember starting after week three I got every symptom in the book including a small rash on outer thigh and a low fever for a couple days.

So if you could still answer these questions it would be very appreciated. Also as promised a donation will be made ASAP.

Thanks again Worry Wart

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Worry Wart,

The answer to your question has been waiting for you in the archives.

Mutual masturbation is not considered a risk for HIV transmission. Period. End of story.

Why did your doctor order a Western Blot? That is a confirmatory test that should only be used to validate a positive ELISA.

Assuming you had a negative ELISA (or similar antibody test), yes that is indeed a WOO-HOO-able event.

I advise you to get your genital warts and tinea treated without delay. A dermatologist should be able to help.

Good luck! And yes, I really do read every email. I just can't answer them all. However, the archives usually can! Have a look!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Negative RT-PCR at 2 weeks
Next
Wondering From Dubai - UAE

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.