Negative RT-PCR at 2 weeks

Dr. Bob, before I shoot my question, I'd like to applaude to you, I think you are doing an amazing job.

The 2 week (from sexual exposure) RT-PCR came back negative, the clinic where I did it said I can relax, I am definitely HIV negative, and antibody test won't be necessary. What is your opinion on this?

B.T.W. Please let me know how to donate, you mentioned that I can use a credit card, but I couldn't find out how.

P.S. I realize that you don't recommend PCR due to high false positive, how about negative?

You are correct: I do not recommend PCR for routine HIV screening, due to the false-positive rate and cost. False-negatives are generally not a problem with PCR technology. My recommendation remains the same: for routine HIV screening, get an FDA-approved antibody test at three months or longer from the last potential exposure.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the Foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. To donate via credit card, just click the "donate" tab and follow the instructions.

Thanks for your generosity!

Stay safe. Stay well!

Please post for WWs
Is it possible you read every single email?