Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

woohooin all the way from the blood bank
Feb 22, 2006

I don't need an answer I just want to thank you (like everybody else standard first paragraph) for making these last couple of months manageable.

My story, hopefully will give other people some hope like others gave me. I just got back from collecting my results for my HIV I and II test. (talk about a rough day) Non reactive, this is negative right? Woohoo. It was a gen 3 test. Anywat about 13 weeks ago I got drunk and aquired the services of a pro in West Africa, dumb I know. It was protected vaginal insertive. Well a couple of days later I got a pain in my penis that weeks later I got in my groin , both come and go until now. 3 weeks after I went to a doctor got an STD test and all were negative including HIV I&II. Still the pain so over the course of the next 10 weeks I went to 2 urologists and 4 physicians all telling me there is nothing wrong. They treated me for prostatitis with 10 weeks of levequin. Well yesterday I went to another doctor who suggested I take another STD test which I'm glad she suggested because it was 13 weeks and time to find out for sure. Well it came back negative for HIV as well as everything else. What scared me to death is this mystery pain that I had, the whole time all I could think was that if I caught whatever this pain was then why not HIV. As it turns out it doesn't work exactly like that.

The doctor told me to retest at 6 months but according to the archives for this kind of exposure 3 months is definitive, right?

These last three months have really opened my eyes to HIV, I've learned alot about it, but most important is that it does not discriminate!! Well DR. Bob thanks again. I'm going to do my best to educate the people I know (aside from my priest) about my experience and the consequences.

I wish you all the best for your life love and especially work (I don't want your head to get to big but what you do is amazing, if I didn't stumble onto this site I would have freaked myself out reading everything else on the internet.)

Well tanks again and i'm donating now, I will continue to think and do what I can for those who didn;t turn out as lucky as me and those who's lives depend on these donations.

Dave

Dave

Dave

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Dave,

Congrats and WOO-HOO!

Yes, "non-reactive" means negative.

Yes, I believe a negative HIV-1 and HIV-2 three months after protected vaginal insertive sex with a pro in West Africa is definitive. The option to retest at six months is always open to you, but I do not feel it's warranted.

Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org). Your one gift will indeed touch many lives that depend on generosity and compassion like yours.

Stay well, Dave!

Dr. Bob

Previous
where is my GOOD LUCK KARMA?
Next
really weird ralph fiennes look alike hook up

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.