I Lost my life over nothing at all

hello Dr. Bob

It has been awhile since I last wrote, to be exact i last had correspondence with you on July 6/05 and my post was titled "ARS symptoms and thoughts of suicide R killing me". For anyone not familiar with my situation read the july post before you continue on. I desperately waited for that 3 month period after I cheated on my wife and once it came I chickened out. It has now been 10 months and 6 days and I finally went for my test. In the mean time my wife is leaving me tomorrow to move back west b/c I have been living in a shell for the last 10 months. She still has no clue what I did and is not sure why I stopped being intimate with her 10 months ago. I ruined 1 year of my life and on top of that a wonderful marriage because I WAS CONVINCED I HAD HIV. I also acquired a serious drinking problem over the last 10 months (about 18-24 beers a day). This obviously did not help matters much. Dr. Bob all my ARS symptoms are gone however I am still experiencing lower extremity fatigue. I took the FDA approved home access test in which I found out today that my results were negative. It has been a long ten months since the encounter and my only question to you is do you feel that these results are definitive. I don't know whether to WOOOO-HOOOO or not b/c i am waiting for the local paper to come out saying "anyone who took home access test needs to call us b/c there has been an error" I know I am stretching it a little but I am still paranoid. By the way I promised a hefty donation and I will follow through. Where do I send the check or credit card payment to and could you tell me where would be a good place to look in terms of finding a place to do some hiv/aids volunteer work in the chicago area.

Although I feel much better and don't feel as if I am HIV +, I still want to tell you thank you and I hope we both grow old together.

Can I WOOO-HOOO

somewhat releived in chicago,

Hello Somewhat Relieved,

Welcome back to the forum, even though you are about seven months tardy.

A negative Home Access test 10 months after a potential exposure is indeed definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able.

Hope you can salvage your marriage. Why not level with her and show here these posts and my replies?

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the Foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Secure credit card donations can be made there. Checks can be mailed to our new address:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 1000 Fremont Ave., Suite 145 Los Altos, CA 94024

See ya in the old folks' home!

do I have HIV?
College student confused...