do I have HIV?

My ex-boyfriend was just pronounced HIV positive. I am the only person with whom he has ever had sex with, but I have tested HIV negative. The last person I had sex with before him was 2 years ago. He and I engaged in unprotected sex for a year. I am going to be tested again in 6 months. His doctor has told him that I HAVE to have HIV due to his sexual history and they have ruled out all other possibilties of any other scenario other than myself being the carrier and that the disease has simply not been detected or taken effect yet in my body. We are currently waiting for more information from our health care providers. Could you offer me any further insite at this time? Anything would be greatly appreciated. Under the circumstances I see no way that this could have passed me by. Thank you for your time!

Your ex-boyfriend's doctor told him that you HAVE to have HIV due to his sexual history??? What???!?! You have tested HIV negative and your ex-boyfriend tested HIV positive. Consequently I absolutely agree with you. Your ex-boyfriend's HIV did not come from you. The most likely scenarios hear are:

1. Your ex-boyfriend's sexual history isn't accurate (or honest).

2. Your ex-boyfriend had a false-positive HIV test and he's really HIV negative.

3. You had a false-negative test and are really HIV positive. (This would be extremely, extremely unlikely.)

My advice is that you encourage your ex-boyfriend to establish care with a competent and compassionate HIV specialist. The doctor he currently has doesn't seem to demonstrate either of these qualities.

Good luck to you both.

Dr. Abby, I mean Dr. Bob...
I Lost my life over nothing at all