Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

complicated test question
Feb 14, 2006

Hello Doctor Bob,

Heres an interesting scenario for you. ok well i received a three and half month negative after getting an unprotected bj from girl friend. about four months after testing i started dating another girl and she started to go down on me but since i had no rubber around i pulled away so if she actually got her mouth to my penis it was only there for half a second. i let her give me a handjob and i fingered her till she climaxed. i know my risk is probably really low to nonexistent but i was wondering she tested negative three months after her last exposure to her ex so since she was neg. would i have anything to worry about? Thank you so much and i have donated. oh yeah i read somewhere in the forum where a $300 hundred dollar donation could fund an hiv patient in africa for a year. how many infected people in africa are actually able to receive treatment?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

I agree your risk is "really low to nonexistent" whether the giver of your "half-a-second" blowjob was HIV positive or negative!

Yes, $300 can provide care for a year, including the provision of antiretroviral drugs for a person living with HIV/AIDS in sub-Saharan Africa. How many Africans in need actually receive HAART? Far too few! The developing world has 90% of the HIV/AIDS cases, but only 10% of the monetary resources spent on HIV care.

There are 40,000,000 of us currently infected. So you can do the math or check the latest statistics on any of a number of HIV/AIDS Web sites. Just google the specific information you want to find.

Stay safe and you'll stay well, OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
I dont understand
Next
Worried Cop

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.