Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV test results
Feb 14, 2006

DR.BOB I'm 32 year old female and in my 20's have had sex without thinking twice.I came upon your website and I was so scared that I somehow had this disease and could be spreading it to someone else.after years of wondering and after looking at this website and reading I got nervous and sick about wether I had it or not.I couldn't sleep or eat for 4 days and I called off work and went for a rapid HIV test. I called my mom and told my sister my concerns so no matter what the results I would have support from my mom and sister which was comforting.My sister took me and I was crying and praying because I was so anxious but guess what Dr.Bob no more wondering I'm HIV NEGATIVE and I will NEVER ever put myself at risk again.

Everyone should get tested and the relief to it is that you know and thats the important part.I was scared and I mean scared and then I thought I would rather find out now and get treatment then be scared and let it destroy my immune system. I didn't want to have to wait 10 more years for symptoms and wondering. I can sleep better knowing what I have to do and for me That is to be there and support people who have never got tested and to tell them like the commerical says get checked because the know is spreading.

I LOVE U. when I didn't know, you brought me comfort no matter what the results may have been.

I have a friend that is HIV postive,My moms friend actually a 27 year old male who finally told her he was gay and he trusted her enough to tell her. He also later confided in her after he got his test results he was postive through homosexual sex with a male that knew he had it and didn't tell him. I referred him to your website and told him about good ol DR.BOB. I will always show support to people who are positive and I realize I just got lucky but I will from this day forward always be safe.I mean always and encouage others.

I will continue to pray for a cure and to wear the red ribbon the represents AIDS AWARNESS and you Dr.Bob are a angel on earth and just a remarkable person as of the rest of you that continue to show the world that HIV is a chronic illness and not a death sentence.You gave me enough comfort to be able to deal with it if I had it which in turn made me go get tested.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Congratulations and WOO-HOO! I'm delighted by your good news! I must say I was a bit concerned when you mentioned you became nervous and sick after looking at this Web site! My desire is to provide information that is factual and reassuring, rather than worrisome! At any rate, I'm very glad it gave you the courage to get tested and the impetus to stay safe. I'm convinced that experiences like yours will in turn help others end their sleepless nights as well.

Stay well. Thanks for writing in and sharing your experience.

Dr. Bob

Previous
HEY MISTER (W/ RESPECT).. WHY NOT GIVE IT ANOTHER TRY
Next
I dont understand

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.