Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

You saved my life!
Feb 14, 2006

Dr Bob, I've got to write to say THANK YOU. Your advice literally saved my life. Four months ago I engaged in high risk sex and afterwards got symptoms I was completely convinced was HIV. I could see no way out apart from taking my own life - for lots of reasons I could not see a way of going on. That day I came across your site and your advice to others in similiar situations gave me a ray of hope - enough to stop my going through with it. Today I got the all clear and am Wo Hooooing!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Oy, another life saved . . . . It's all within a day's work.

Welcome back to the land of the living sweetie.

By the way, have you ever considered the fact that if I took my own life back in 1991 when the virus found me and when HIV/AIDS was still considered a very short death sentence and when no effective therapies existed, I wouldn't be here today to answer your questions and to give you a reason to live???? Yes, you got the all-clear and yes, I'm delighted to WOO-HOO with you. But I do hope you've learned something along the way about life, about HIV (or any serious health challenge) and about the absurdity of your statement, "I could see no way out apart from taking my own life."

Dr. Bob

Previous
He's Wrong, " ya no[sic]!"
Next
HEY MISTER (W/ RESPECT).. WHY NOT GIVE IT ANOTHER TRY

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.