Help Please, Can I Woo Hoo fr Indonesia or "Late seroconverter"?
Feb 12, 2006
Dear Dr. Bob, I read an enquiry regarding to the "late seroconverter" issue. It's mentioned that one of them are individuals on or likely to be on "systemic steroids" for more than a month at a dose equivalent to "prednisolone" at 20 mgs or more per day (any age). This statement make me very worry about late seroconverter issue, because at the days when I have had series of risky activities (unprotected insertive anal sex), I was joint a gym club and consuming food supplement powder (musclebuilding protein formula)for about 2 (two) months. It was Whey Protein, contain about 33 components (i.e.,saturated fat,carb,dietary fiber,sugar,protein,vitamin E,vitamin B6,Folic acid,calcium,phosphorus,magnesium,sodium,potassium,synthepro,creatine monohydrate,glutamine peptides,L-glutamine,calcium alpha-ketoglutarate,L-leucine,L-Methionine,L-phenylalanine,Lactoferrin,insulogen,gura gum,D-myo-inositol,clucomannan,taurine,alpha lipoic acid,D-pinitol,Nitroxen,Ginseng,N-acetyl-cysteine).
Is this food supplement (whey protein) I have had consumed can be categorized as "systemic steroids"? I do not found "prednisolone" in this supplement facts. Can consuming this products for about 2 (two) months when the risky activities happened lead me to be a "Late seroconverter"? I have tested "non reactive" using 4 methods, i.e.,HIV DUO,2 (two) Rapid tests,and ELISA at week 15 and week 22. Concerning the above mentioned reasons, should I go for further test? If so, when will be the apropriate time to get tested to clear my mind from HIV infection and Late seroconverter issue? or Can I Woo Hoo?
Response from Dr. Frascino
I'll be brief.
1. Whey protein, even with 33 components, is not a "systemic steroid" and will not affect HIV test results.
2. Testing HIV negative out to 22 weeks is conclusive and definitive. You are HIV negative.
3. Should you have more tests? No.
4. Are you a late seroconverter? No.
5. Can you WOO-HOO? Yes. Absofrickinlutely!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are Sore Throat Aches Pains Fatigue Fever Chills Hiv Symptoms?
- If I Have Aids Or Hiv What Would Show Up Abnormal In Blood Tests?
- What Would Happen If You Had Sex With Someone That Had Genital Warts?
- What Is The Incubation Period For Hpv?
- What Can You Do To Make A Person More Comfortable Who Has Shingles?
- Is Ti Common To Get A Uti Before Herpes Outbreak?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.